My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Flu bug and Il Trovatore

Been down with the flu and sore throat. Been really depressing not being able to sing normally esp with all the stuff I have to prepare and the 6 hour rehearsals a day.Although tend to be more conscious of using my technique when my throat is sore so singing tends to be better. Got really good feedback from friends who came to see the rehearsals and they said I was great. Confidence up a bit:) Was a bit silly and strained my voice today when I should have given it a rest. Gargled with salt water and drank some luo han guo. Hope it does the trick for tomorrow. Got a stage and orchestra rehearsal.
Sweeny Todd was fabulous. The cast doubled as the orchestra and all were onstage throughout the whole show. Very impressed. Am going to catch Rigoletto this week and hopefully La Boheme next week. Have the chance to audition for Azucena in Il Trovatore for a touring opera company. But the sing might be a bit too much for me at the moment. Preparing Condotta ell'era in ceppi for Lynn on thurs and see what she says. Its quite a killer and am a bit self conscious of my Bflat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home