My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Mixed bag of a first week

Good to be back at work here. In some way it hardly seems like I was away. You know how they say that you shoud start the year as you mean to finish it? Beginning to understand that saying a little better. Was a diff week in many ways. People were a bit moody and lots are sick from the holiday partying etc. Also voices are a bit out of shape as least mine is. Its not the same when you are left to practice on your own. Really need a third ear to pull you up on your bad habits.
Feeling a little discouraged about my progress. Rehearsals start in 2 weeks so have devoted today to studying the threepenny.Other events this week also made me think about my social life a bit more. On one hand it would be nice to have more of a life outside college but then it brings with it a another lot of problems and complications. It would be a distraction I can't afford at the moment. Might be turning thirty but where I am in the here and now, I need full commitment and concentration. Still the worries creep in insidiously in the quiet times. No choice but to leave it to the Lord.Will be nice to go to church tomorrow. Am ushering early tomorrow before my own service for a Russian Orthodox service in college. Should be quite cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home