My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My first major role

The auditions for the ThreePenny went really well and the feedback from the audition panel after the audition was that I did good. The casting is not out yet but the director has told me privately that they have cast me to play Mrs Peachem next March. Phew...its a great character role and with a solo aria to boot. Nice!!!But then until the actual casting sheet comes out anything can happen...
Its into our third week now. The initial novelty has kinda worn off and we are all feeling rather worn down. Was really tired today. Got to get an early night sleep. Have to sing for team teaching tomorrow. The teachers generaaly like my voice but are pushing me hard to bring up my technique esp with the long phrases. Its quite a struggle but for a mezzo those long lines are a must.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home