My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Friday, October 07, 2005

whirlwind teaching

between the audition, masterclasses and teaching, need to prepare plenty of rep. Could always pull of old ones but won't be as good for me as to tackle some new stuff. In every language both song and opera. Phew! tring to find some song cycles to look at. Generally the problem is still with the way I place my vowels. Got to concentrate that they don't settle on my jaw. Also getting a little lazy and starting to scoop for dramatic effect. Was told today to stretch my endurance more with longer phrases to access my lower abdominal muscles. Apparently pilates is the best form of exercise for singers. We were told not to do weights and situps as can build muscles that tighen up singing.
Beethovan's 9th tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the B hall.Been a good time of bonding for us singers but must be careful about the finances. Some are quite free about spending 30 pounds on a meal. That about my budget for a week's lunch! the food is not too ex on its own but people here drink a lot with their food and that can double the bill. I hardly drink but the bill invariably gets split at the end. sigh....gotta start limiting the dinners out. Getting a little sick of cooking dinner for myself. But no cooking means no eating. Got a little grill this week so will try grilling something for dinner tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home