My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Homeward bound

Half through the figaro run. People are loving it so good.. good. Trying to keep my game up and make each performance better than the one before. Its takes a ton of energy and concenatration. I love it tho! The stepping out for the first time on stage is nerve wrecking but once I'm on its a real rush.

Ticket sales for the concert are very very worrying. Praying hard that folk come on the day or we will be well and truly in the red. I think we really choose the wrong time of the year and lots of folk are away for the christmas holidays. Bah! Still looking forward to my graduation next week and of course my family coming for that and watching the opera as well. I got a distinction for my masters dissertation! So pleased...Singing Debussy for the exceprts in Jan. Its odd and tricky...looks like I'll be working over christmas.

2 Comments:

Blogger An Untidy Mind said...

Dear Becky
I found your Blog recently and have really enjoyed reading about your progress. I too am a mezzo soprano and in fact i've just auditioned for the post grad course at RNCM myself last month. I'm just waiting for the results now... it's driving me crazy :0) I would really really love to study there. My teacher is Robert Alderson from the college, i've been studying with him since I moved to the North West after finishing a BMUS degree down in Cardiff. All the best for your remaining Figaro performances and for your concert, i'm sure the ticket sales will pick up!

Keeping my fingers crossed that i may get to sing with you all next year at the RNCM.

All the best
Helen Anne Gregory x

3:02 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

hope to see you soon then:) I'm leaving the RNCM in june but will prob be around for a bit.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home